You can use two heat resistant bowls.Make sure that you use a heavy bottomed pan for simmering water and then use a bowl that has a base that fits the rim of the pan.
4 large eggs
1/4 cup dry Marsala Wine or white wine
1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup of Heavy or Light Whipping cream (I used Light)
Berries of your choice to serve
- Bring a bowl of water to simmer. The water should not be boiling
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until foamy
- Place the bowl on the simmering water making sure the bowl does not touch the water
- Gradually pour the wine and continue to whisk the eggs until the custard has doubled in volume
- The custard should be very thick
- Whip the Heavy cream until it forms soft peaks
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the custard.
- Refrigerate for at least half hour
- Spoon into bowls and top them with berries