8 Large tomatoes, chopped
2 bunches of coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Methi seeds(Fenugreek seeds)
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
Pinch of Hing
1/4 cup of tamarind pulp
1 tbsp oil + 1 tsp
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok.
- Add the fenugreek seeds, urad dal and cumin seeds;Fry for a couple of min until they turn golden brown.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes; Cook until they are soft
- Stir in the turmeric powder
- Add coriander leaves.Cook until the leaves are wilted
- Blend the tomato and coriander mixture along with tamarind pulp.
- Add the remaining tsp of oil
- Add the mustard seeds and fry till they splutter
- Add hing and quickly stir the tempering into the blended tomato-coriander mixture.
- Serve hot with Rice/Idlis/Dosas.