This soup is full of flavor-from the apples, curry powder and the sweetness from the roasted butternut squash.It has a very delicate flavor!
3 to 4 lbs Butternut Squash, peeled and seeded (Although it is a lil' expensive, I bought the packaged ones)
2 Yellow Onions
2 McIntosh Apples, peeled and cored
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 to 4 cups Veg Stock
1/2 tsp Curry Powder (I used Fresh Market Curry Powder)
2 tsps salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Place the butternut squash, apples, and onions on a baking sheet
- Toss them with Olive Oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Roast for about 35 to 45 min, until tender
- Puree the veggies and add enough stock to make a thick soup.
- Add the curry powder, remaining salt and pepper
- Simmer for about 10 min for the flavors to blend in
- Serve hot with a dollop of yogurt or cream!