It is very hard to find a good veggie burger here in the States.The only burger I can eat is the BK Veggie Burger with Morningstar farms patty but I stopped that too now.I am sure I would have collected extra, extra pounds on me.So I have decided to make it at home.The Garam Masala gives that an Indian touch!
Adapted from all over the internet
3 Medium Red Potatoes, Scrubbed, boiled and mashed
1 Yellow Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 cup mixed veggies;I have used frozen veggies, so I steamed them a bit.If you are using fresh veggies, boil them and drain the water.
1 tsp chopped coriander
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used Whole wheat bread to make crumbs;But you could use white or buy the store bought one too)
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
4 tbsps Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, Sliced thin
1 Tomato, thinly sliced
1 tbsp Light Mayo or Regular Mayo
1/2 tsp Ranch dressing (Optional)
Toothpicks to secure them (Optional)
For the patty
- Combine mashed potatoes,onions, veggies, coriander, Garam Masala and chilli powder
- Make into balls, the size of your fist and flatten them slightly
- Heat 4 tbsps olive oil and shallow fry them until brown
- Take a bun and slice it into 2 halves
- Place the patty and drizzle with Mayo and ranch dressing
- Put a couple of leaves of Romaine, Onions and Tomatoes
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Take a BIG, BIG bite!
- Now is that easy or what?