Veggie Burger

Happy Pongal/Sankranti to you all!Today being a week day, there was nothing fancy in my kitchen- I made some Shrikhand (which already went into my pile of drafts and will be soon on my blog) and Payasam with rice and jaggery.
It is very hard to find a good veggie burger here in the States.The only burger I can eat is the BK Veggie Burger with Morningstar farms patty but I stopped that too now.I am sure I would have collected extra, extra pounds on me.So I have decided to make it at home.The Garam Masala gives that an Indian touch!
Adapted from all over the internet

Patty:

3 Medium Red Potatoes, Scrubbed, boiled and mashed
1 Yellow Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 cup mixed veggies;I have used frozen veggies, so I steamed them a bit.If you are using fresh veggies, boil them and drain the water.
1 tsp chopped coriander
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used Whole wheat bread to make crumbs;But you could use white or buy the store bought one too)
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp Red chilli powder (optional)
4 tbsps Olive Oil

Photobucket

Burger

Hamburger Buns
Romaine Lettuce
1 Red Onion, Sliced thin
1 Tomato, thinly sliced
1 tbsp Light Mayo or Regular Mayo
1/2 tsp Ranch dressing (Optional)
Toothpicks to secure them (Optional)

For the patty
  • Combine mashed potatoes,onions, veggies, coriander, Garam Masala and chilli powder
  • Make into balls, the size of your fist and flatten them slightly
  • Heat 4 tbsps olive oil and shallow fry them until brown
Assembling
  • Take a bun and slice it into 2 halves
  • Place the patty and drizzle with Mayo and ranch dressing
  • Put a couple of leaves of Romaine, Onions and Tomatoes
  • Secure with a toothpick.
  • Take a BIG, BIG bite!
  • Now is that easy or what?


Photobucket

For now,
Shri

35 comments:

s said...

every time i visit ur blog i am stumped...such a a lovely collection awesome pics as well....

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Ooooh... That burger looks so yum...

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

In response, to your comment on my blog, yes you can add other veggies like grated cauliflower, or spinach or carrots. Never anything bitter... Arhar and toor are same I think. But you can also try with with other dals.

You have a smart way to sneak in some veggies into this burger...

Rachana said...

Wow! I am drooling:) Wish i could have a bite too:)
Happy Pongal!

Yasmeen said...

Hearty size burger minus all those extra ingredients I never seem to understand from the store-bought.Happy pongal :D

Nandinis food said...

Wow! Healthy veggie burger!
Happy Pongal!
Arhar dal and toor dal are same:)

Sushma Mallya said...

Pictures are too good and tempting sree...wish i could have it now...

Vrinda said...

Yummy burger...looks perfect,happy pongal shri....

Soma Pradhan said...

Lovely Burger with a nice bite on click

indosungod said...

Happy Pongal! Shri.
Nothing like a home made burger. Looks delicious.

simplyfood said...

The burger looks wonderful and delicious.Lovely recipe.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Delicious burgers, looks so good :)

Padhu Sankar said...

Wow! Veggie Burger looks awesome. What a lovely photograph

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with u on the veggie options shri..I like the swiss mushroom burgr at chilis and dennys..but theres nothing like making ur own..am bookmarking it..been wanting to trya burger for along time..now, u wud inspire me to do it.

Namitha said...

Wow..healthy and delicious burger...lovely clicks Shri :-)

Unknown said...

Nice veggie burger!

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic, picture perfect.

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Delicious vegan burger and i loved the ranch dressing. Yummy!!!

Rush said...

feel like biting in riteaway.
amazing burger shri, wanna try this out soon!!

chow and chatter said...

oh yummy love the garam masala in here as well

Unknown said...

Delicious and healthy burger!Nice pics shri.:)

Cilantro said...

Wish you & your family a very happy Pongal!

Tina said...

Healthy and delicious burger...

Siri said...

I loooooove the burger .. yummy!! Can I come over for a BIG BIG bite ;)

Happy Pongal..:)

Hugs,
Siri

Sunitha said...

ooh...lovely pictures.. I made some rolls the other day should have made this.. Next time I make rolls..I need to come and get your veggie recipe

Sayantani said...

thats easy, tasty and devilishly lovely to look at. would love to take one biiiiiiig bite.

Siri said...

Either I have gone crazy or something has happened.. click the following link.. u will know why -

http://350days-of-siri.blogspot.com/

Hugs,
Siri

Vaishali said...

Happy pongal, dear Shri. And right now I'd give an arm and a leg for that delicious burger with some vegan mayo! :)

Simply Life said...

oh wow, this looks so good!

Uma said...

ooh, tempting pics. I love veggie burger. looks so yummy!! HAPPY PONGAL :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome veggie burger, very yummy!

Venu said...

I love to bite in the paper...

Bergamot said...

The burgers looks really yummy... your pics are so tempting

Red Chillies said...

Belated Pongal wishes Shri. You are a fusion girl, making sweet pongal and burger for Sankranti :-) Looks good.

Padma said...

Very tempting pictures Shri. Just feeling like having one.
Happy Pongal/Sankratnhi to you too( I know am late in wishing :) )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...