Basic Recipe:From Anubhavati blog ( I have adapted it by adding ketchup and using short grain rice)
2 cups Short grained rice or basmati rice
1/2 cabbage, shredded
4 carrots, chopped
2 Spring Onions, chopped
1 inch Ginger
2 garlic pods, chopped
1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Ketchup
- Cook the rice with 4 cups water until soft and tender
- In a wok, heat about 2 tbsps oil and add Ginger and garlic
- After a few min, add Cabbage, Carrots and Spring Onions, salt and pepper
- Stir fry the veggies for a few min.
- Add the soy sauce and ketchup and continue cooking till the veggies are soft but not overcooked and mushy.
- Add the rice and combine it well with the Veggie mixture in the wok.
- Garnish with spring onions
- Serve hot with Veg Manchurian