Cucumber & Tomato Raita (with a secret ingredient)!!

Raita is something that I have adored from my childhood. It is very tasty and very easy to make. I like raita to sit in the refrigerator for an hour at the very least before serving it chilled, with rice.
At one of my daughter's birthday party, one of my very dear friends mentioned to me that she adds Sour Cream in her Raita. After I tried her version, it is hard to go back to just yogurt!!

1 cup thick yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
1 medium cucumber grated
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green chillies
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt and Black Pepper
  • Whisk the yogurt with water until it is thick
  • Add the sour cream to it
  • Add the grated cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chillies, cumin powder, salt and pepper
  • She also uses her hand to mix all the ingredients by squishing the tomatoes, instead of a spoon
  • Serve cold with rice or any rice dish

Photobucket

Shri

8 comments:

AJ said...

Yum!! This yogurt is delicious!!

Unknown said...

Very creamy n yummy raita

Abhilash said...

so lets try this for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing it Shri, with a variety.

Siri said...

Jaise bhai vaise behan. Your brother can eat yogurt 24 hours a day. You both, I think are from chinni Krishna's lineage in your previous janmas! looks yummilicious. will try next time for sure. (which will be soon).

Hugs,
Siri

Priya Suresh said...

Sour cream in raita sounds absolutely very interesting, raita looks sooo delicious..

Pavani said...

Addition of sour cream is definitely new to me. I'm sure it tastes creamy and delicious.

Unknown said...

Looks creamy for sure. I also add greek yogurt to my raitas to make it healthy and creamy as well.

chef and her kitchen said...

addition of sourcream would have definitely made this creamy n rich dear..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...