5 1/4 to 5 3/4 cups All Purpose flour
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan Cheese
2 packs of active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups warm water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbsp water
Cornmeal or Polenta
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, yeast, and garlic powder.Add 2 cups warm water
- Beat on low to medium speed for 30 secs.Beat on high for 3 min
- Using a wooden spoon stir in as much flour as you can
- Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface.Add just enough flour to knead the dough into stiff , smooth and elastic one, about 8 min
- Shape into a ball and place into a greased bowl.
- Cover and let it rise until it doubles, an hour to hour and a half
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface
- Divide in half.Cover and rest 10 more min
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal or polenta
- Roll one half of the dough into a 15X12 inch rectangle
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese on the dough in a narrow row. ( Leaving 3 inches from the longest side, pour the cheese)
- Similar to jelly-roll, start rolling it up tightly .
- Moisten the edges and seal well.
- Repeat the procedure with the other half of the dough
- Place loaves, seam sides down (Cheese will be on the top side of the loaf)
- Cover and let it rise again for another 45 min
- Stir the egg white and a table spoon water
- Brush the egg mixture on the loaves.
- Make about 5 diagonal cuts about quarter inch deep on the top
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 to 45 min until the loeaves sound hollow when you tap the tops
- Transfer to a wire rack.Let them cool completely
- You could top with sun dried tomato pesto or basil pesto or just diced tomatoes and onions
As promised here is my T&T post that I have been postponing for over a month now..Prathibha's Stuffed Brinjals with Onion mixture!!We loved the curry.It is mild, yet very flavorful.