2 lb Whole Milk Yogurt
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup Mango Pulp
2 threads of saffron
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 cup of mixed fruits, canned or fresh (Use more of pineapple, grapes, apple, cherries)
handful of pistas, chopped
- Place the yogurt in a muslin cloth and tie it with a ribbon or thread.
- Hang it on a tap, such that the water from the yogurt drained into the sink or place a bowl for the water to drain.
- Hang it overnight or for 8 hours
- Unwrap the cloth and you will get a very thick yogurt, almost like cream cheese
- Combine yogurt with sugar, pulp, saffron and cardamom powder and mix them well
- Add the fruits and nuts
Mango Shrikhand with Fruits and a hint of saffron
One of my very dear friends got me a fine muslin cloth (Indian cotton towel) in 2006.Well, yes, I could have gotten it myself when I visited India but she got it for me.Anyway, I safely tucked it in my closet and forgot about it until I came across a few days back when I was cleaning my closet.I immediately went down and started preparing Shrikhand.It stayed there for 4 years.If I did not do anything with it now, I am sure it had no problem staying in my cozy closet for 4 more years...And it was not complicated at all like I once thought!