For the Koftas
4 Red Potatoes, peeled, boiled and grated
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1/4 cup Cornflour
100 gms Paneer,grated
Oil to deep fry
3 Onions,peeled and cut into halves
3 tbsps Oil
2 tbsps ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies, vertically sliced
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 cup Mawa powder
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 tsp garam masala powder
- Boil the onions in water for about 10 min
- Drain excess water, cool onions and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Mix grated potatoes, grated paneer, chopped green chilli, corn flour and salt until well combined Divide into sixteen equal sized balls.
- Deep fry in hot oil until slightly colored. Drain the oil on a paper napkin and keep them aside.
- Heat 3 tbsps of oil in a kadai. Add boiled onion paste and cook for five minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chillies,cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and red chilli powder and cook on medium flame for eight to ten minutes or till oil separates from the masala.
- Mix mawa in two cups of water and add to the gravy.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes on a slow flame by stirring occasionally
- Stir in fresh cream and garam masala powder.
- Place warm koftas in a serving dish and pour hot gravy on top