Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup

Hope you all had a great weekend! After a long time, I had some R&R time for myself. I was lazy to even step in the kitchen but I had to because, I was even lazier to go out and eat. I made some soup, read the book- The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga, and strolled in the mall next to my house. Can you believe that is all I did?
This recipe is adapted from all over the internet, no single source.

2 Large Red Bell Peppers
1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 Medium russet Potato, cubed
2 cups Veg. Stock
½ cup light cream
2 tbsp Olive Oil + 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt to taste

Pre heat the oven to 400F.Line a baking sheet with Aluminum foil. Spray the sheet with PAM or with butter

Slice the bell peppers, about ¼ in thick. Remove the seeds. Place the red peppers on the sheet and drizzle with some Olive Oil. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper.

Combine all of them with hand. And spread them evenly on the sheet. Bake the peppers for about 30 -45 minutes until they are blistered and are tender to touch.


Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of Olive Oil in a pan and sauté the Onions till golden brown. Add Potatoes and cook them until tender and then add tomatoes.Cook for a couple of minutes, until soft.

Combine the Onions, potatoes and Red Peppers. Puree in a blender/food processor by adding the stock and cream until it is thick and not watery.


This goes to No croutons Required, hosted by Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes.This month's theme is Peppers.

Padmajha Suresh of Seduceyourtastebuds
was kind to pass me these awards.Thanks a bunch, PJ!


32 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

congrats dear.....lovely recipe

Sushma Mallya said...

congraz on ur award...really a different and delicious one in soups...looks very heathy...

Anonymous said...

pls accept a gift from my blog dear

ST said...

Fabulous soup ...Congrats on ur award...

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Congrats on ur awards! Delicious soup and looks rich.

PriyaRaj said...

Hi Shri, all ur recipes look Great .....Amazing photos.....Congrats on ur Awards.....Thanx for ur comment ...

Srilakshmi said...

Nice Soup! and congrats on your awards! I read White Tiger by Aravind Adiga too... must say its not my cuppa tea - but anyways read it just for the heck-of-it.. Did you like it?

Shri said...

Shama, Sushma,Sireesha, Mythreyi, En Samaiyal:Thanks for all your comments!

Sangi:Thanks, girl for the award.

Srilakshmi, Thanks!I read the book 3/4ths and its okay!I liked the beginning which is why I picked the book.Will complete it and will let you know:D

Uma said...

yummy soup! so refreshing and tempting :) Congrats on the awards!!

Unknown said...

Soup looks comforting with those croutons on top!

Unknown said...

Congrats on u'r award!!I love the aroma of the roasted bellpeper..Looks yummy

Vrinda said...

Congrats on ur awards...i am not a soup person,but urs look so tempting,liked all the ingredients u used..

Soma said...

Yaaa, another roasted pepper lover:)

Looks lovely!

Priya Suresh said...

Lovely and really a delicious soup Shri!

Unknown said...

Lovely and delicious soup...liked your presentation..

Jyoti said...

Congrats on your awards. Soup looks great, love the picture!

Rush said...

soups are the ultimate comfy food for me...will bookmark ur recipes for winter days!!
adding u to followers list

Shri said...

Uma, Divya,Priya,A2Z,Ramya, Vrinda, Soma,Jyoti:Thanks for all your beautiful comments!

Shri said...

Rush,
Thanks!Did the same too:)

Bergamot said...

Lovely soup... like red bell peppers so i am gonna try it.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...that's an spicy and flavourful soup...love that creamy presentation....Congrats on well deserved awards....

Vaishali said...

That soup looks gorgeous. Love the color and I love the flavor of roasted bell peppers.
About your question on the green tomatoes, Shri, no, these are not tomatillos but just regular tomatoes before they start to turn red.

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi Shri got an award for u:) pls accept it from my blog.

Red Chillies said...

I love this soup to and made it recently too. Looks good. Congrats on the awards!
PS: I thought I had left comments here already :-))

Unknown said...

Uve been tagged dear!!

Shri said...

Sushma,Ramya: Thanks guys for being so thoughtful!

Shri said...

RC,Trust me, it happens so many times with me!

Vaishali, Thanks!

Bergamot,KF:Thanks for your comments!

Parita said...

Oh my the soup looks gorgeous sri, hmmmmm i would love to have bowl right now..its 7am here :)
Oh congrats on your awards dear :)

Shri said...

Thanks Ramya!Will do that soon:)

Parita,Thanks a bunch!

amna said...

roasted bell pepper has such perfect colour!

Sunshinemom said...

Congrats! This soup looks so warm and inviting:)

Shri said...

Thanks, Nags and Sunshinemom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...