Risotto with Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

This month’s T &T (a monthly event that focuses on a blog to try and taste the recipes from that blog) is featuring the classy & elegant A Life (Time) of Cooking by Ganga. A blog that was created before blogs, Food Matters (Now closed) was a site maintained by her for a long time,11 years! Her unique writing style,her inspiring photography and her food and recipes will immerse you into a world of its own. The collection of topics is not just confined to cooking or recipes but has a lively mix including Travel journals and her musings. The temptations were many when I visited the blog. It was very difficult to choose one dish out of the many tempting delicacies! I wish I could try each one of her recipes today.Alas!A day has only 24 hours!However,you will see me try some of my favorites like Pane De Prato, Pomodori Con Riso from her blog,bookmarked for later!For now, I have chosen to make her Basic Risotto.

“Use only Arborio rice (or other Italian risotto rice), otherwise it is not a risotto, it is a rice dish” she says! I will attest to that because the first time and the only time I made the Risotto or so I thought I made, I used Indian short grain rice.I don't have to further explain my final result..Will leave that to your imagination! This time, I did follow her directions to the letter and boy! was that dish heavenly!

‘Patience is a Virtue’ they say and you will need some to make this dish.The key to making good Risotto is stirring and adding the water or stock gradually until the rice attains a creamy texture.
For you to get good and moist,creamy risotto it will take about 20 mts!

What you need:
200g of Arborio rice
2 ½ cups of Vegetable Stock
2 ½ cups of Water
20 g Butter (approx: 1 ½ tbsp)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Dry White Wine, Optional
Good Quality Parmigiano Reggiano
¼ cup Peas
Oven Roasted Tomatoes (Recipe follows)

Combine the water and stock and simmer it in a pan. If you would like to add some wine to the stock that is optional.
In another pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the rice and cook the rice until it becomes translucent and you hear a cracking sound.

Add a ladleful of stock/water to the rice and cook until it has absorbed all the water.

Continue adding until the rice is cooked. This takes about 18 minutes. The rice should be firm to the bite. I cooked for 5 more minutes until the rice is tender but not soft.

Remove from the heat.Serve with some shavings of Parmesan or a spoonful of Creme Fraiche!

For flavorings:I added Peas and Oven roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
She suggests to go wild with Asparagus, Mushrooms, Beans, Tomatoes, Capsicum or the red ruby bites. The Possibilities seem to be endless. So, go with what fascinates your imagination!

The Risotto goes to Tried & Tasted event hosted by Yasmeen of Healthnut.
Also, check Pumpkin Risotto!

Oven roasted Tomatoes

1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp Fresh Thyme
6-7 fresh Basil leaves
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400F.Line a baking sheet with Al foil and grease it with butter or PAM. Cut the tomatoes into half. Spread the tomatoes evenly on the sheet . Combine oil, garlic, Thyme, Basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture on top of the tomatoes. Using your hand, mix the seasonings with tomatoes, making sure the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil and herbs.

This is off to:


SLF Special Edition:The Beauty of Red and White, hosted by Elsye of Dari Dapur Saya.

This goes to:


FIC:Zodiac Signs (April:RED) guest hosted by Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine ,event started by Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers!

Now, coming to the the sweet gestures by 2 lovely bloggers:

Sangi of Simply Delicious passed me this award!Thanks a lot, Sangi:)

Sushma of Authentic Food Delights passed me this award.Thanks a ton, Sushma!

As the rules go, here are 7 wonderful bloggers that I am passing this onto:
Srilakshmi
Vrinda,
A2Z
Bergamot
Parita
Ramya
Uma

I know, I know it has been a long post, but this dish particularly deserves it..
Hope you did not fall asleep!

Hugs,
Shri

27 comments:

Parita said...

risotto looks absolutely flavorful, love roasted tomatoes and congratulations for your awards, truly deserving dear and thanks a million for sharing them with me :)

Hari Chandana P said...

yummy recipes.. congrats on your awards..:)

Uma said...

Wow, risotto looks so yummy!! Congrats on your pretty awards and thank you so much for thinking about me too :)

Sushma Mallya said...

delicious dish shri...and congraz on ur award as u truely deserve it...keep rocking...

Priya Suresh said...

Woww gorgeous rissotto Shri..congrats on ur award yaar!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Looks great dear...

Pari Vasisht said...

That's a colourful risotto, like a kid I want to run for it.
Congrats on the awards.

Shama Nagarajan said...

Congrats dear...yummy tempting delights...nice pictures

Vrinda said...

Congrats on ur award and thanx for thinking of me again,i am just drooling over those pics,i hav seen lots of Ina's episodes making this risotto..but never tried or tasted..dont know y i dont like Italian cuisine otherthan desserts and some pizzas,its weired naa..mouthwatering click

Unknown said...

Great try Shri! its true the creamy texture of risotto is possible only with arborio.Glad you could participate :D

Unknown said...

Very lovely dish and nice entry for the event. Congrats on your awards and thanks for sharing it with us.

Lena Jayadev said...

hai Shri..................... im a new visitor to your blog.. :) all snaps are wonderful dear... :) especially those tomatoes...i can get aroma here.. :) and congrads on your award... :)

sree said...

Just landed here...u got pretty neat blog...nice clicks...

Unknown said...

Risotto looks great with those cherry tomatoes in there! And congrats on your awards.

Unknown said...

Shri,Congrats on u'r award and thanx for passing it to me..Will post it in my blog soon.
Risotto looks tangy and yummy..Havent tried making Italian recipes other pasta and pizza

Padma said...

Risotto looks yumm and tempting pics..nice entry for the event.... and Congrats on your awards Shri :)

Shri said...

Thanks Parita!

Hari chandana,Thanks and long time..

Uma,Thanks and have fun!

Sushma,Thanks for passing onto me

Thanks Priya,Home cooked food and Pari!

Shri said...

Thanks Vrinda!I have seen Ina make it but I believe I followed Giada's recipe but anyway, I used Sona Masoori if you are familiar with that rice!It didnot come out well and more over I didnot stay there and stir, I put it on the stove and cooked like the reg rice:D It didnot come out well at all!
Try it with reg water and some veggies may be, I am sure you will like it.It will mostly taste like rice but with creaminess attached!

Shri said...

Thanks,Shama,A2Z,Lena,sree,Divya,Ramya,and Padma!Thanks for your lovely comments:)

Abhilash said...

Congrats for the prize...

Riceto, a new dish... It appears to me as bhel puri though ingredients are different... :)

Red Chillies said...

I could eat those oven roasted tomatoes the whole day. Congrats on the awards!

Soma said...

Lovely colorful recipe. I love roasted tomato & could eat them just by themselves.

Shri said...

Bhel Puri, Huh!you just put some new ideas in my mind!!

Thanks, Soma and RC:)I loved the tomatoes too and believe me, I ate the majority by themselves...They are just amazing:)They are very delicately sweet!

Shama Nagarajan said...

Please do check my blog for my First cooked food event....do participate in it

Shama Nagarajan said...

Please do check my blog for my First cooked food event....do participate in it

Rush said...

never tried risotto...this will b my first experiment!!

Rush said...

and yes..congrats lady..way to go!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...