Stuffed Shell Pasta

Believe it or Not! I don't own an iPhone or an iPad.Most of my friends/relatives carry either one of them or both.It is not because I don't care for the creator or admire his creativity. I just do not care for any technology. It is an irony that someone with an engineering background is not very fond of tech stuff. I love reading paper backs and use a paper and a pen to write. Well, at least when I have an option!In recent months, I have grown to admire Jobs and his work.So, when I read about the release of his biography by Isaac Waterson,needless to say, I bought the book.It is a humongous book(good to use as a mini bench:-),definitely bigger than I expected.I will certainly need some time to sit down and read it end-to-end. What do you own - relating to Jobs or Apple?

Adapted from Eating well

3 cups Whole milk Ricotta Cheese
1 bag of fresh Spinach, finely chopped
2 Medium Onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
I box of Jumbo Shell Pasta about 24 (I used Barilla)
1 tbsp of dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
2 /2 cups of Tomato-Vodka sauce
1 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Sea Salt to boil the water
1/8 tsp salt
  • Preheat the oven to 375F
  • Cook the pasta according to the package instructions
  • Boil 6 quarts of water with salt
  • When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the pasta
  • Once al dente*, typically will take about 15 min, drain the water preserving a cup of water
  • In the mean time, heat a table spoon of olive oil
  • Add the chopped onions and cook until the onions turn translucent
  • Add the garlic and the Italian seasoning
  • Add the spinach and 1/8 tsp salt and cook till the leaves wilt
  • In a bowl, combine the spinach mixture with the Ricotta Cheese and the breadcrumbs
  • Set aside
  • In a 8X11 baking dish, spoon a 1/2 cup of sauce evenly in the dish
  • Soon after draining the water, separate the shells on a plate; Else, they tend to stick and can ruin the shape of the pasta
  • Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Spinach Ricotta mixture inside each shell
  • Place the shells in the baking dish in an even single layer. The shells can be close to each other and need not be apart
  • Pour the remaining sauce on top of the shells
  • Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese
  • Bake in the oven for about 25 min or until the cheese melts
  • Serve warm (*I cook for about 18 min to make it softer for the little one)
Hugs,

15 comments:

Hari Chandana P said...

Wowww.. Looks so delicious and tempting.. I'm sure tastes amazing.. :)
Indian Cuisine

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

same here Shriya. my husband wants to give me a kindle but I rather prefer real books. technology is good for them who needs it...just for owning one i really dont want to have them.
the pasta looks awesome.

Tina said...

Sooo colourful and tempting...

Tina said...

So col ourful and tempting....

Spandana said...

Looks so very delicious!!!

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp,mouthwatering here..

Unknown said...

Wow looks so delicious...yummy pasta

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

wow - yummy! Love it!

chef and her kitchen said...

yummy pasta..Neither do I own a i-fone r i-pad..:(

Lifewithspices said...

delicious n so yummy..

Raks said...

This is totally new to me,sounds so interesting and yummy!

Sushma Mallya said...

This looks so gorgeous Shri...love the vibrant color will try this soon:)

Shri said...

Thank you all:-)

Daksha said...

Mouthwatering pasta!!! thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

I'm just drooling them.. Irresistible pasta..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...