Paneer Bhurji

To those of you who do not eat eggs at all, this version of Paneer can be a great substitute. Especially when Paneer is cooked like Bhurji, it resembles scrambled eggs. Infact, I have seen some interesting variations of curries with Eggs and Paneer on the internet. Perhaps, I will try that soon. For now, enjoy the 'paneer only' Bhurji version.

1 block Paneer, soaked in warm water for 10 min and crumbled
2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup Green Peas, Optional
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsps Cumin Powder
Pinch of turmeric
1/2 tsp of Kasuri Methi
1 tsp of Pomegranate Powder
2 tsps Oil
1 tsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
  • Heat 2 tsps of oil
  • Add Onions and let it cook till translucent for about 5 min
  • Add tomatoes and cook till soft
  • Stir in the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, Garam Masala and Cumin Powder
  • Cook for a couple of min
  • Add the Kasuri Methi and Pomegranate Powder
  • Add the crumbled paneer and make sure that the paneer is well coated with the seasoning
  • Garnish with Coriander leaves
I like to squeeze in some lime juice when I am eating just the curry but that is completely optional


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Flavourful and yummy, luv it with rice an rotis

chef and her kitchen said...

one of my fav recipe..looks delicious

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp,makes me hungry,my fav bhurji.

Priya Suresh said...

Slurp,makes me hungry,my fav bhurji.

Rachana said...

A great recipe. Looks yumm!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...