1 cup Chana Dal/Bengal Gram
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 /1 4 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder
1 1/2 cups Maida (All Purpose flour)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Ghee
1/2 cup water
- Mix the flour with the water and ghee as needed to form a smooth dough.Cover it and set aside for 2 hours
- In the meantime, cook chana dal with 2 cups of water. If you are not pressure cooking, use more water as needed until the dal should is soft but not mushy.
- Mix the sugar,cardamom and nutmeg into the cooked Dal.
- Transfer into a pan and cook until it starts leaving the edges of the pan and becomes a paste
- Let it cool down
- Divide the Chana Dal mixture into 8-10 balls.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 balls as well.
- Flatten a dough ball into a small circle; Place Chana Dal ball on the circle. Cover the ball with the dough edges and seal it covering the chana dal ball completely.
- Roll into a 6 inch diameter circle.
- Heat a tawa/nonstick pan
- Cook the bobbattu on both sides using a tsp of ghee.
- Cook till brown spots appear like a chapathi
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.