Chocolate Brownies are simple to make. One can always have variations tot he chocolate brownie by mixing things up. My favorite has to be the simple and the basic brownie.
Recipe:Joy of Baking
5oz semisweet chocolate chopped
1 stick(1/2 cup) unsalted butter
2 tbsps cocoa powder
1 cup fine sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Butter an 8 inch square pan and line with a parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over a bowl of simmering water
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat.
- Mix in Sugar and the Cocoa Powder
- Stir in the Vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the eggs, one egg at a time, making sure they are well combined
- Stir in the flour, Salt and the chocolate chips
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 25- 30 min until a toothpick comes out with a few moist clumps
- Do not over bake as it can become dry
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down
- Cut them into about 2 inch squares