I made these during the Holiday season and we definitely enjoyed them. With Shriya not being a fan of Chocolate, I made thumbprint cookies, which I will be posting soon.
Source:Food Network Magazine
Makes 24 cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup M&M's
1 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt
- Whisk the melted butter and eggs into the dry mixture until well combined
- Stir in the M&Ms; Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour, until firm
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the chilled dough. Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of the dough in powdered sugar until well coated
- Place the balls on the sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Bake till the cookies are puffed and the tops are cracked, about 10 min.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool
- Store them in an airtight container.They can be stored for up to a week.
Enjoy the cookies