The Radio City Christmas Spectacular to North Pole Express this Holiday Season were so much enjoyable. What did you do this Holidays?
This recipe is adapted from 'Dakshin' by Chandra Padmanabhan
1 cup Green Beans, Chopped
1 cup chopped Carrots
2 potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup shelled green peas
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tbsp Ghee or butter
2-3 bay leaves
To make Paste-
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
6-8 green chillies
1 small onion, chopped
1 piece of fresh ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp aniseed
1'4 " tsp cinnnamon bark
2 cardamom pods
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Blend the coconut, chillies, onion, ginger, turmeric and coriander leaves to a fine paste, by adding a little water
- Dry roast the spices and poppy seeds in a saucepan, until it gives out strong aroma
- Boil the chopped beans, carrots and potatoes till tender
- In a saucepan, heat a tablespoon of ghee. Add the tomatoes and peas.
- Add the bay leaves and cook for 3 min
- Add the boiled vegetables.
- To this, add the coconut paste. Stir in the masala powder into the paste
- Simmer this for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Coriander
- Serve hot with Puris or Rice.