2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups Israeli couscous
4 cups Veg broth;The original recipe calls for Chicken Stock
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 McIntosh Apple, sliced and cubed (The original recipe calls for a green apple)
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the couscous and cook until it is slightly brown.
- Add the veg broth and simmer until the couscous is cooked/soft but not mushy.
- Toss with parsley, rosemary, cranberries, apple and almonds
- Combine Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple syrup, Olive Oil , Salt and Pepper
- Pour it over the couscous and mix in the toasted almonds
- To toast the almonds, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the almonds in a single layer and toast them for 8 min.