Brie wrapped in Phyllo

Brie is a cheese that I tasted and learned of very recently. I heard of this at work when my colleagues brought a Cheese plate with crackers, fruits and honey. Well, I know the Cheese plate but never did I question the names of the cheeses or the perfect pairings to go with each one. I always gulped them down! What really fascinated me about Brie was how it was served. The lady who got the Cheese Plate also mentioned about baking brie in Phyllo with any of the fruit preserves. With little help from the internet and not knowing what to expect, I baked Brie in a Phyllo dough. The Cheese slightly oozed out of the dough which was perfect with crackers. Once cooled down, the wheel can be cut into wedges and served as well.

1 lb Brie Cheese wheel
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
1/4 cup Apricot Preserves
2 tbsps Sliced Almonds, toasted (Optional)
4 tbsps melted butter

  • Preheat the oven to 375F
  • While working with a sheet place a moist paper towel on the rest of them to prevent them from drying.
  • Place a sheet on a flat surface and brush with melted butter
  • Place another sheet on the buttered one
  • Evenly smooth it out
  • Butter the sheet and continue to layer until all the 6 sheets have been used
  • *If the butter solidifies, microwave it for a couple of minutes
  • Remove any outside rind
  • Place the Brie Wheel on top
  • Spoon the apricot preserves and the almonds if using.
  • Gently cover the Brie wheel with the phyllo
  • Bake it in the oven for about 15 min
  • Serve it with crackers or fruit wedges

 

3 comments:

Rachana said...

That would be a perfect snack along with a cup of coffee.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

lovely! would like to try some...

Bergamot said...

Looks great. I have Brie lying in my refrigerator waiting for some good ideas. Well here is one of them. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...