I have adapted this soup recipe from Linda Fraser's 'Vegetarian' book.The original recipe calls for heavy cream which I reduced.The end result will be on the watery side as opposed to a thick and a creamier version.But you could always add the heavy cream and corn starch to make it a thick soup.
1 can of Chick peas ( about 15 oz)
1 Onion, chopped
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups of fresh Spinach,shredded
4 cups of vegetable stock or water
2 tbsps Olive oil
2 tsps Cumin powder
2 tsps Coriander powder
2 tbsps heavy cream
2 tbsps tahini paste
1 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper
- Heat oil and add garlic and onions.Cook till they are soft.
- Stir cumin, coriander and curry powder.
- Add Chickpeas and potatoes and let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add Spinach and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the stock and simmer for about 10 minutes, till the potataoes and chickpeas are tender
- Stir in the cream and Sesame seed paste and let it boil for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and Paprika(optional).
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with Paprika or salt or Parmesan cheese
- Serve it hot
2/3 cup of heavy cream
1 tbsp cornstarch
When you are stirring in the cream, also add the corn starch.
Note:You could also use frozen spinach but drain all the excess liquid before adding.