Mumbai Pulao

When I saw post on Supriya's blog, I knew I was going to make it.I am huge fan of tomatoes. There can never be enough of tomatoes in my kitchen and every dish has to have it. Of course exceptions always apply!!
Simple, can be made in a jiffy and delicious! and Oh..did I mention that can be made with left over rice!I used left over brown rice and white rice. I tweaked the recipe to match the ingredients in my kitchen.I like the nutty texture of the brown rice in the dish.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 big onion
  • 2 big tomatoes
  • ½ cup tomato ketchup
  • 1 Medium potato, peeled, cubed and boiled
  • 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • ½ tsp turmeric powder
  • ½ cup boiled peas
  • 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • Oil
  • Salt
Heat a tsp of oil. Add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste,onions and cook till the onions become translucent.
Add the tomatoes and peas. Stir for a minute and cook until tomatoes become soft.
Add the potato and stir for a minute or so.
Add the Ketchup,Pav bhaji masala, turmeric, and chilli powder.
Add the rice and salt and combine it such that there are no lumps.The tomato mixture/gravy should be evenly distributed.
Garnish with coriander leaves


7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is new to me...looks flavourful n yummy

Sushma said...

hey even i loved this pulav and your version looks yummy too

chef and her kitchen said...

love this one..looks delicious n yumm

Priya Suresh said...

Pulao looks filling and inviting..

AJ said...

Delicious!! Mouthwatering rice.

Kalyani said...

Looky yummy ! First time here,and loved it ! do drop in when time permits !

Cheers
Kalyani
New Event: Fasting Foods – Vrat ka Khaana Special
Event: healthy Lunchbox ideas – Carrots – all this August

KrithisKitchen said...

Tawa pulao looks super delish!! love the pics..
http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...