Palak Paneer

Palak Paneer is one of our family favorites.Me and my brother loved that dish especially when it is from Minerva.Yes, the same Minerva that I keep raving about.So here is my take on that dish.
1 bag Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped;I am not very fond of the frozen ones
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 garlic cloves
5 long green chillies,halved and vertically slit
1 medium Onion chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce or 2 tomatoes, chopped
Pinch of turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp cumin coriander powder
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1/4 tsp Kasoori Methi
1 pint cream
1 tbsp butter
1 block of Paneer, cubed (I used Nanak Paneer)
  • Heat a tbsp of butter in a pan and fry the paneer pieces until brown
  • Remove them from the pan and place them on a paper napkin to drain any excess butter Boil Spinach in water for 8 min.Drain the water
  • Grind the Spinach to a puree
  • In the same pan, add a tsp of oil and add cumin seeds
  • Add onions and let them cook for a bit and add tomatoes or the sauce depending on what you are using, green chillies and turmeric.
  • Stir in the cumin coriander powder,Kasoori Methi, curry powder and garam masala
  • Add the pureed spinach and simmer for 10 min
  • Add the fried paneer
  • Drizzle the cream
  • Serve it with roti or rice
Photobucket

Have fun,
Shri

14 comments:

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow looks soo good and really tempting. perfect sidedish for rotis...

chef and her kitchen said...

Love it anytime...paneer looks super chunky

Umm Mymoonah said...

Rich and creamy curry, looks so good.

Veggie Hut said...

Paneer..is my fav too..love the velvety texture of the gravy

Usha said...

The palak paneer looks creamy and inviting !

Nandinis food said...

Wow. Very delicious palak paneer. Welcome back.

Unknown said...

Wow looks so creamy and delicious

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Nice and yummy..

Anonymous said...

Super delicious!

Anonymous said...

looks quite creamy shri..cant wait to dig in

Priya Suresh said...

Droolworthy palak paneer, just love it with rotis..yummy..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks so yum... For some reason your blog updates have not been appearing for a long time for me. Not sure - why!

jyothi said...

Wow. palak panner Looks yummy... I was going through your blog and noticed you mentioned Minerva. Is this restaurant in hyd ? It was my all-time favorite, I use to hang out with my college mates and bf...I still remember going to this place, whenever we use to crave for good food and stop by after a good movie... I never tried palak panner, but im big fan of panner butter masala from this place. We use to enjoy it all the time with naan and pulav. Now if I want to have it I’m stuck in CA, I need to book a flight, plan a vacation, for me and kids. Can believe it...life just changes, lol... Btw nice blog

Shri said...

@Jyothi- Yes, Minerva in Hyderabad! Me and my brother can never get enough of the place. It is a nice place and the food is amazing. Atleast suits our taste. Thank You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...